Sunday, February 28, 2010

So Fun

Good Times


decorations were hung
(these were more for me, the paper lanterns we hung in the party room)


bags were ready to be filled


she twirled


paper doll clothes were out



birthday girl playing with the paper doll craft before the girlies arrived


the girls got right to work making their dolls
it was so fun to watch


there were searching for the perfect outfit


here is one of the creations
isn't it so cute


birthday girls creation


lots of bingo was played
we played until everyone was a winner
(more then once)


then we made bracelets or ankle bracelets
it was fun


here is one of them



we did ice cream sundaes 
so we sang happy birthday with the candles in a tub of ice cream


played a little simon says


we played a game i remember
dropping a clothes pin in a jar
it was fun, i think



great party
great girls
so fun



little bird hung in there til' the very end
then she crashed
she fell asleep within seconds
what a wonderful night
and thank you hubby for doing all that you did
u da best!

17 comments:

Rebecca Lewis said...

Looks like everyone had so much fun! Makes me remember my daughters birthday's when she was this age...now she's trying to think of ideas for her 16th...not taking many suggestions from mom right now. ;-)
Have a wonderful week ~ Rebecca

Darlene said...

My girl just loved the party. She actually took her art doll project and embellished it with more crafty goodness....like coloring nail polish on the nails, adding earrings, sandals, etc. That craft is so stinkin' adorable!

Kristin said...

Oh my friend, you are a girl after my own heart! You know, you have inspired me in so many ways - first with Close To My Heart and then by encouraging me to start a blog which, as you said, has totally changed my creative life! This party is stunning and they are so lucky to have you as their Mom. Now, how can I get my hands on that first picture? You should sell the print . . . Bravo, Kristin xo

Four Flights said...

What a wonderful party you threw for your little girl! SO many great ideas. Everyone looked like they had a great time.

Tawny said...

Those crafts and games were SUCH a GOOD IDEA! I'm so saving that in my memory for when Miss S gets to be that age!
I love their skirts too!
I laughed at the picture of your husband in the room of girls-poor guys ;) You're daughter is a lucky girl!
Sweet family picture too!

Melissa said...

Looks like a GREAT party! Sooooo very cute and all the girls look like they had sooooo much fun! Love all the wonderful crafty ideas!

Jill said...

Just adorable!!! what a darling party...and LOOOOVE the paperdoll craft!!...and the first picture! *swoon* simply stunning!!!
and your family picture is just precious! What a Blessed family!
Happy Monday!
Jill

LuLu said...

What are you doing tomorrow... wanta head on over and help create another party with me!! heehee
WOW what a great birthday party!!!!
Your family is beautiful,
happy March and birthday season to you too!
Happy Happy Birthday to your daughter,
xo,
LuLu

jules said...

Looks like a fun party. I remember the clothes pin game too.

Love their skirts! I wish I could get away with wearing one of those.

Staci Danford said...

What a darling party.. Made me wish to have a little girl again.. Looked just fabulous.. Memories she will hold for a lifetime.
Staci

Shana Putnam said...

That looks like an awesome party!!

Anna Newman said...

LOVES

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Looks like everyone had so much fun! Hope your having a great week! xoxo

Gina said...

Oh my, so CUTE! A sweet party for a beautiful girlie! Great job Mom!

Anonymous said...

that DOES looks like a great party! and what adorable girls you have!

Anonymous said...

this makes me want to have an 8 year old so bad. I know....give it time....:)

Just Jenn said...

I love planning and having home parties!! They are a lot of work ~ but so much fun! They all looked so happy! The picture of the daddy with all the little girls is so sweet! I have a fabulous picture of my hubby running across the grass holding a unicorn... with 10 little girls in tutus running behind him... soooooooooooooo funny! sigh...... one day they will grow up!